Mar 19, 2011

Easiest Biscuits

So I'm  flat broke and making my finest batch of "whatever is left in the house." We had chicken, peas, creamed corn, gravy mix... Chicken pot pie! Or course. But we had a distinct lack of eggs, and milk, and I needed biscuits...

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp oil
1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 450.
Mix all ingredients, and turn out on a floured surface. Knead slightly, and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
Stamp out biscuits, I used the top of a mason jar, and arrange on a cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes.

Ta da!

3 comments:

  1. Next time you make thes3e biscuits, can you post pics? I'm curious how they come out as a crust for pot pies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, the way I make pot pies is, I just split the biscuits, line a casserole dish with the bottoms, layer in the filling, and cover it all with the tops. Crazy easy.

    ReplyDelete