Mar 31, 2011

Beef and Lentil Slow Cooker Stew

So I've been cooking with lentils a lot lately. I don't know what started this fascination, but I bought, like, 6 bags of lentils last time I went grocery shopping. So I've been working on a LOT of lentil recipes.

2 cups of water
1 cup of dried lentils
8 oz kidney beans
8 oz stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
As much oregano as you want. I grow my own, so I usually just rip off a hunk and chop the leaves until it looks good.
1 tsp coarse salt
A recipe I found said to add 1lb of beef, cubed. A little bit ago we had a giant round steak, I saved the leftover, bone in, and just decided to drop that in.

From Drop Box

From Drop Box

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, set to LOW, for 6-7 hours.
I will let you all know how this turns out at 9pm.
From Fatty Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment